Rala is seeking an experienced and self-driven Retail Manager to join our team!
Established in 2010, Rala is an inventive retail space that provides a venue for original art + modern goods made with love by artists from around the corner and across the world. Rala specializes in creative gifts for creative people.
As manager you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day store operations and managing Rala’s team. The manager maintains the connections between team members to keep everything running smoothly. They can switch gears quickly and are always prepared to offer helpful and genuine customer service. The manager will listen closely, record, and relay questions, concerns, and other necessary information from customers and staff to the store owner. Rala’s manager also works closely with local and regional artists and makers to continue to grow our collection of unique goods and gifts.
This position requires:
- Excellent sales skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on Rala’s success
- Critical thinking
- Self motivation
- Reliability, confidence, resourcefulness, and creativity
Averages 28-35 hrs/week. Starting as early as March 1, 2023 and no later than April 1, 2023. In-person position.
The Old City, Knoxville, TN
112 W. Jackson Ave. 37902
$18-$23 an hour based on experience + performance based increases
This is an in-person position with no remote work options available. The typical work week for this position is 4-5 shifts from Tuesday through Sunday. Shifts are usually 7 hours, most frequently 11am-6pm. During holiday season and special events, shift hours may be extended. Reliable transportation to and from Rala is required, as it is necessary to be punctual to maintain store hours.
Essential Functions/ Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the store owner to plan and implement store strategies
- Set and meet sales targets to maximize profitability
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise team members
- Track and report on store performance and inventory
- Manage product intake, stocking, pricing, and ordering
- Contribute to social media, website, and marketing campaigns
- Prepare promotional materials and displays
- Develop relationships with local artists and vendors
- Plan and execute store events
- Suggest new operational strategies to improve store's performance and productivity
- Assess and handle customer and artist queries appropriately
- Maintain store cleanliness and appearance
- Help maintain a healthy, safe, and enjoyable work environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience in management
- Minimum 2 years of experience in retail and/or gallery settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, numerical, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Up-to-date IT skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace
- Degree in Business Administration or other relevant fields
- Knowledge of Knoxville’s local arts community
- Experience in Graphic Design
- Experience in Social Media Management and Marketing
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing
- Familiarity with Shopify online platform
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods
- Ability to bend, lift, and reach
- Ability to climb a ladder to paint walls and hang art
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with interviews beginning in March.